IPAF to hold regional conference in Chicago
By Lindsey Anderson08 January 2015
The International Powered Access Federation (IPAF) is set to host its first-ever U.S. regional conference Jan. 22 in Chicago.
Taking place at the Hilton Garden Inn near Chicago's O'Hare airport, attendees will have the chance to particpate in roundtable panels that will include experts from NES Rentals, Skyjack and United Rentals.
Highlights of the conference include:
- Fall Protection as it Relates to AWPs: Why? – Gary Riley, Safety Education Representative, NES Rentals, and IPAF Senior Instructor
- The Breakfast of Safety Champions! Practice and Coaching – Sue Rudnick, Director HR Development, NES Rentals
- Industry Standards Update – Tony Groat, Manager, IPAF North America
- Selecting the Right Equipment for the Job – Ian McGregor, Product Safety Manager, Skyjack
- Lowering Your Workers Comp Liability through Electro-diagnostic Functional Assessments – Jeanne Miller, Esq.
The conference is open to IPAF members and their customers, as well as non-members. Registration comes with a voucher ($100 value) to attend an AWPs for Managers course free of charge. This course will take place on January 23 at the NES Chicago offices, and includes a written test and certificate for those who pass. Registration and event details are at www.ipaf.org/events
IPAF regional conferences are a new series of events created by the IPAF North American Regional Council to offer more educational and networking opportunities for members and to reach out to prospective members. The next regional conference is set for March 12 in Houston, TX. Details at www.ipaf.org/events or e-mail email@example.com