Speakers confirmed for 2018 IRC
By Murray Pollok07 February 2018
Four rental experts from China, the US, the Middle East and Europe are the first confirmed speakers for the sixth International Rental Conference (IRC) in Shanghai, China on 26 November this year.
The speakers will address key rental issues, including:
- The decision to rent, lease or buy equipment;
- Strategic decision-making in growing a rental business;
- Changing trends in China’s rental market;
- A view on the rental market from the world’s largest equipment manufacturer.
The four are:
- Jeff Eisenberg, Principal Consultant, Claremont Consulting
- Pat Fallon, Chief Operating Officer, Byrne Equipment Rental
- Kurt Norris, Global Rental & Used Equipment Services Director, Caterpillar
- Jimmy Wang, Founder and Chairman, China Construction Bright Futures Machinery (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
IRC is organised by KHL and International Rental News (IRN). The event has become an important networking and education focal point for Asia’s rental industry, with more than 450 delegates attending the previous event in October 2017.
Jeff Eisenberg will report on the decisions that contractors have to make between renting, leasing and buying construction equipment, drawing on research that he is carrying out on behalf of the European Rental Association. (Eisenberg will also speak on this topic at the ERA’s annual convention in Vienna on 23-24 May.)
Pat Fallon has played a key role in building Byrne Equipment Rental in the Middle East into one of the region’s largest, most diverse rental businesses. He will share his experiences on how to build a strong company culture and making key strategic decisions on when to add new products and markets.
Mr Wang, meanwhile, has been responsible for building one of China’s largest rental operations, encompassing aerial platforms, telehandlers, diesel generators and air compressors.
Caterpillar’s Kurt Norris is Director of the OEM’s Global Rental and Used Equipment Services operation, and will bring a worldwide perspective on how the rental business is developing.
Speaker opportunities are still open for the conference. If you would like to propose a topic or put yourself or your company forward as a speaker, please contact: Murray Pollok, Managing Editor, International Rental News (IRN), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +44 (0)1505 850043.